Pandemic affecting your studies? The Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship is a perfect opportunity for you.
You can study and get a degree online from top universities of the UK, even during the pandemic. The Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship program for international students of certain developing countries to pursue master’s degree program online.
Distance Learning Scholarship is offered for talented students of developing or low-income countries; the scholarship is funded by Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office to widen and expand interest and opportunities for international students. Students must show their interest and leadership qualities to bring positive change to their communities.
Successful applicants will receive full tuition fee waiver for the training that is not available in their countries of residence and students who wish to study and stay in their home countries.
International scholarships will enable postgraduate students to gain skills and knowledge required for sustainable development who cannot study in the UK due to financial reasons.
Distance Learning Scholarship Themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health system and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to the crisis
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
- Open University
- Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Manchester
- University of Strathclyde
- London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
- Cardiff University
- University of Stirling
- MSc Environmental Management
- MSc Global Health
- ChM General Surgery
- ChM Urology
- MSc Surgical Sciences
- ChM Trauma & Orthopaedics
- ChM Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
- Master of Public Health
- MSc Orthotic Rehabilitation Studies
- MSc Prosthetic & Orthotic Rehabilitation Studies
- MSc Rehabilitation Studies
- MSc Prosthetic Rehabilitation Studies
- MSc Clinical Trials
- MSc Infectious Diseases
- MSc Global Health Policy
- MSc Epidemiology
- MSc Public Health
- MSc Palliative Medicine for Healthcare Professionals
- MSc Dementia Studies
Financial coverage: Fully Funded
Eligible Regions: Bangladesh, India, Cameroon, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Pakistan, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Eswatini, Tanzania, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia
Deadline: March 15, 2022
Eligibility Criteria :
Here are the eligibility criteria for the Distance Learning Scholarship for international students:
- Applicants must be the citizen of any mentioned-above country or hold refugee status in those countries.
- Applicants must be residing permanently in their home countries.
- They must hold a first degree of least upper second class. In some instances, lower qualifications and enough relevant experience can be considered.
- They cannot afford to study without this scholarship.
Here are the benefits of the Commonwealth distance learning scholarship 2022:
- Full tuition fee waiver.
- Students will have benefit to study from a top-class international university even at home.
- They do not need to travel to avail scholarship.
Other details :
- At least one reference
- Offer letter
- Previous transcripts
- Application process is online.
- Applicants must apply to study master’s course at a eligible/host UK’s university in the distance learning scheme; application deadline, criteria and requirements for each university are different.
- You must receive an offer of admission from the university to apply for the distance learning scholarship.
- You can apply for more than one course/university but accept only one offer.
- Start your application using CSC online application system.
- Deadline for application submission is March 15, 2022.
- Deadline for supporting documents submission in the application is April 5, 2022 at 5:00 PM (GMT).