You can now apply for the GIST International Scholarships 2022 in South Korea. Students from any part of the world are eligible to apply for the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology Scholarship 2022.
GIST is offering all study fields and majors under this scholarship to undertake Masters Degree, PhD Degree or MS leading to PhD.
The scholarship will cover all the expenses to study abroad. The award duration for Masters Degree is 2 Years and for PhD degree it is 4 Years.
The Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) was established in 1993 located in South Korean. GIST is a research university by Korean Government. According to QS World Universities Ranking it is ranked at 3rd in worldwide and at 4th in South Korea. Students can learn leadership qualities in this university.
- University: Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology
- Degree level: Masters, PhD, MS leading to PhD
- Scholarship coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible nationality: International
- Awarding country: South Korea
- Last Date: 15 April 2022
The award will cover all the expenses to complete your degree. Detail is given below,
- Complete Tuition Fee: 3,415,000 won per semester
- Monthly Stipends:
- Masters Degree: 140,000 won per month
- PhD Degree: 295,000 won per month
- Research Assistantship (All students participating in research projects):
- 4,820,000 won per year of MS
- 11,480,000 won per year of PhD
- Health Insurance (All International Students)
- 60% of the Korean National Health Insurance fee is supported.
- Annual Medical checkup
- Flight Reimbursement (All Incoming International Students)
- Reimbursement for a one-way flight to Korea
List of Available Study Fields at GIST
Students can apply in one of the following study field under GIST Scholarship program.
- Department of Chemistry
- School of Integrated Technology
- School of Earth Sciences and Environmental Engineering
- Department of Physics and Photon Science
- School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- School of Materials Science and Engineering
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Life Science
- Department of Biomedical Science and Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence Graduate School
To apply for GIST International Scholarships 2022 in South Korea, applicants have to submit these documents. No need to send these document by post. You can Email them to university directly.
- Statement on Application Documents Submission (Form1)
- Certificate of Bachelor’s Degree or Bachelor’s Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree Transcript
- Certificate of Master’s Degree or Master’s Diploma
- Master’s Degree Transcript
- Two letters of Recommendation (Form 2)
- Certificate of valid English Proficiency Test
- Applicant’s Passport Copy
- Letter of Recommendation for Matriculation Fee Waiver (Form3) (Optional)
- Certificate of English Proficiency issued by your home university (Optional)
To be eligible to apply for GIST Scholarship, candidates have to meet the following criteria,
- Students with any nationality from any part of the world are eligible to apply.
- To apply for Masters Degree Scholarship, applicants must hold an Undergraduate Degree.
- To apply for Doctoral Degree Scholarship, You must hold a Master’s Degree.
The last date to apply for the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology Scholarship 2022 in Korea is 15th April 2022. Don’t wait for the deadline and apply as soon as possible.
Here is the complete roadmap:
|Semester of Entrance||Spring Semester (Starting from March)||Fall Semester (Starting from September)|
|Application Deadlines||October 15||April 15|
|Examination of Documents||15 days||15 days|
|Documents Review||30 days||30 days|
|Notification of Admission Results||End-November||Mid-June|
|Registration of Admitted Students||Early January||Early July|
How to Apply?
There is an Online Application Form to apply for GIST International Scholarships 2022 in South Korea. Complete an Online Form, Upload, or Email the Required Documents as listed above. Visit the link given below for more details about the GIST Scholarship and application procedure: