The HEC (Higher Education Commission) has announced the HEC US-Pak Corridor Scholarship for Pakistani candidates interested in pursuing PhD in the United States of America. The US-Pak fully funded scholarship is open for application now.
HEC Pakistan has set up this scholarship in the USA to help deserving, talented and intellectual students grow on an international level. The HEC scholarship, US-PAK corridor scholarship will provide exposure to the academic system of the United States. The relevant links to the scholarship are also provided below.
HEC US-Pak Corridor Scholarship has covered the top universities of the USA for the students. They do not need to worry about ending up at any usual university with no future career. Interested candidates will be pursuing their Ph.D. degrees from the well-known university of America.
The universities open for this scholarship are MIT, Harvard, Massachusetts, University of Yale, Princeton and several more prestigious institutes of America. This opportunity will be provided to 1000 students from across Pakistan.
The students have full authority to select their field of study for their PhD degree. Along with the choice of subjects, students also have the benefit of financial coverage. As this scholarship is fully funded, the tuition fee will be covered by the sponsors as well as the accommodation and health insurance. Studying out of Pakistan will help the students learn new academic techniques that are used in the US. The diversity in the environment will bring creative minds to work and help individuals grow.
The deadline for the scholarships for Pakistani students is extended, so make sure to apply before the deadline. Your documents must be complete and submitted, as late applications will not be considered. This scholarship is sponsored by Higher Education Commission(HEC) and the United States. The HEC aims to increase the number of scholarships from 1000 to 1500 for the exposure and learning of Pakistani students. More details regarding the HEC US-Pak corridor scholarship are provided below.
- Country: USA
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible Regions: Pakistan
- Deadline: March 31, 2022
Eligibility Criteria :
Here are the eligibility criteria for the HEC US-Pak corridor scholarship in USA:
- Applicants must be nationals of Pakistan.
- Applicants must be under the age of 40 while applying.
- Applicants must have completed their MS or MPhil degrees from an HEC recognized institute/university.
- Applicants must have passed either TOEFL or GRE tests with good scores.
- Applicants must have secured over 50% Marks in their degrees.
- Applicants with a D grade or 3rd grade will be considered ineligible.
- Applicants with 2nd division throughout their academic career are eligible.
- Applicants with sixteen years of education are eligible for the US-Pak corridor scholarship.
- All universities have different eligibility criteria; applicants must fulfill both the university criteria as well as the general criteria of the scholarship.
Here are the benefits offered by the HEC US-Pak Corridor Scholarship in the USA:
- A monthly stipend will be provided.
- Tuition fee will be covered partially by the organizations sponsoring the program.
- Health insurance will be offered.
- Travel costs will be covered.
- Allowance for accommodation in the United States will be provided.
- The application process for the US-Pak Corridor scholarship for Pakistani students is online.
- If you have an account previously, log in. If you are a new user, create a profile by clicking on the register.
- Create an account and fill in the information required.
- After creating an account successfully, sign in on HEC Portal, go to the scholarships and Grants section, select the US-Pak corridor scholarship and start your application.
- All the documents and the application form should be submitted at once.
- Check the university criteria along with the general criteria before applying for the scholarship.
- For more information about the process, visit the official website (link is provided below).
- The deadline for application submission for the HEC US-Pak corridor scholarship is extended till 31 March 2022.