Each year, GIST Scholarships are announced in South Korea for Masterss and PhD that cover all tuition, residential and medical fees of students.
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) is one of the top public universities in Gwangju, South Korea. GIST Scholarships for international students is the university’s project in collaboration with the South Korea Ministry of Science and Technology.
GIST Scholarships aim to support innovations in science, research, and technology.
Fields Offered at GIST
- School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- School of Materials Science and Engineering
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Earth Science and Environmental Engineering
- School of Life Science
- Department of Physics and Photon Science
- School of Integrated Technology
- Artificial Intelligence Graduate School
- School of Energy Convergence
Eligibility Criteria for GIST Scholarships
- Applicants must hold a final degree before enrollment at GIST.
- Their bachelor’s degree must be equivalent to a Korean bachelor’s degree.
- Furthermore, applicants from all countries can apply (except for South Korea).
- They should be proficient in English.
- Applications must have an excellent academic record.
- They must demonstrate academic excellence.
- They must also meet the criteria and requirements of the program/course they are applying for.
- The scholarship will cover the 100% tuition fee of international students.
- MS students will receive a monthly stipend of 140,000 Won.
- PhD students will get a monthly stipend of 295,000 Won.
- MS and PhD students will receive a meal allowance of 100,000 Won.
- MS and PhD students will receive an international student allowance of 120,000 Won. However, students must maintain a three or higher GPA out of 4.5 in the previous semester.
- MS students participating in research projects will receive a research assistantship of 4,785,384 won per year, while PhD students will get a research assistantship of 12,263,262 won per year.
- Also, GIST Scholarships will reimburse one-way flight to South Korea (only once).
- It will also cover 60% of national health insurance, including annual medical checkups.
- Opportunity to study at a top Korean university without worrying about financial expenses.
- Live in South Korea and discover Korean culture.
Note: Students must complete at least nine credits in the previous semester to get student and meal allowance benefits under the GIST scholarship.
Following are the supporting documents applicants must submit with the online application. Incomplete or incorrect applications will not be considered for the scholarship.
- Online application
- Official degrees and transcripts. Apostille is preferred; notarized copies are also acceptable.
- Two letters of recommendation with the stamp and signs of the recommenders.
- A copy of the applicant’s passport.
- Official English language test report i-e, TOEFL (BT) 80, TOEFL (PBT) 550, IELTS 6.5, TOEIC 750, NEW TEPS 327.
- If you can not get your test result in time, your home university can give you a professional English language proficiency certificate stating that English is the language of instruction in your previous university.
The deadline for the GIST September 2024 March intake scholarship is 15 October 2023.
For GIST scholarships in South Korea, the application process is simple.
- Interested students can apply by visiting apply now button.
- You must carefully fill out the application form fro one of the eligible programs.
- Don’t leave any fields empty; instead, write NA.
- Submit the required documents.
- Once the application is submitted, International Admissions Coordinator will contact you.
- Applicants will receive admission notification through an email; they have to respond to the admission offer within 15 days of the email.
- Then pay the matriculation fee; if you are unable to pay the fee, fill out the matriculation fee waiver application.
- Upon enrollment, students will receive an admission certificate, financial sponsorship certificate and letter of invitation.
- Scholarship applicants will receive notification about the admission result by the end of November 2023.
- The process of registration of admitted students will be done by early January.
- Successful students will start their studies in the spring semester (March 2024 intake).
- So, if you are eager to visit and study in Korea fully funded, apply for the GIST international scholarships and fulfil your dream of studying in South Korea.
- However, before starting the application, check the admission guide on the official website.
Send us your name on WhatsApp to subscribe to the latest Scholarships / Internships information.