Application are open for the KAIST Scholarship for International students 2023 . KAIST University is offering fully funded scholarships in Korea for MS, MS leading to PhD and PhD programs. Korean scholarship is an opportunity for international students to pursue graduate and postgraduate studies in science and technology, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
KAIST scholarship program is an excellent opportunity for international students with innovative and creative mindsets who are always ready to take on challenges, learn and transform their knowledge into innovation that will benefit the world. KAIST invites worldwide students keen to serve humanity through their knowledge, talent and innovation.
Undoubtedly, South Korea is among the world’s leading countries in terms of culture, education, and games. It is an excellent opportunity for foreign students to study in South Korea, and that too from the KAIST. KAIST (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) is a globally leading academic institute in South Korea and globally as well, ranked the second best university in South Korea.
Around 300 KAIST scholarships for Master’s and PhD students are offered annually. International students can opt from a variety of programs at KAIST, having seven schools and five colleges. In case students do not have IELTS, you can submit an English proficiency certificate from your previous university (check the terms first).
List of Programs for KAIST Scholarship:
Here is the list of programs offered at Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology Students can select from a variety of majors and courses:
College of Natural Sciences:
- Mathematical Sciences
- Biological Sciences
College of Engineering:
- Aerospace engineering
- Brain and Cognitive Science
- Mechanical engineering
- Computer engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Bio and brain engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Industrial and Systems engineering
- Industrial Design
- Robotics program,
- Chemical and Biomolecular engineering
- Nuclear and Quantum engineering
- Materials Science and engineering
- Graduate school of Data Science
College of Life Science and Bioengineering
- Biological Sciences
College of Business
- Business and Technology Management
- Management engineering
- Finance MBA
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible Regions: People from all over the globe can apply for the KAIST university scholarship.
- Deadline: September 15, 2022
- Applicants from all over the world can apply.
- They must not possess Korean nationality.
- Students applying for the doctoral degree must possess a master’s degree.
- Applicants applying for a master’s degree must possess a bachelor’s degree or expected to get the degree at the time of enrollment.
- Bachelor’s degree must be equivalent to Korea’s bachelor’s degree.
- Students of Korean ethnicity must have received all previous education from any country outside South Korea. Their parents must not be citizens of South Korea.
- The minimum GPA requirement for the KAIST is 3.0
- Kaist scholarship is the fully funded scholarship so full tuition fee is covered fee exemption for eight semesters for PhD and 4 semesters for MS degree.
- Furthermore, medical insurance coverage.
- In addition, monthly living expenses for students: 400,000 KRW for PhD and 350,000 KRW for MS students.
- Additional stipend for research project participation.
Here is a guide on how to prepare scholarships documents.
- Degree certificate
- Motivation letter
- Recommendation letter
- Passport/National ID copy
- Recommendation letter from employer (if employed)
- Research proposal
- Certificate of family registration
- Certificate or official letter of expected graduation (if the degree is yet to complete).
English Proficiency Requirements:
Students from officially English-speaking countries like Ireland, Australia, Canada, etc. are exempted from submitting the English proficiency test report. However, there is a need for an English Lecture Certificate from students who have studied in officially English-speaking countries.
English proficiency test report of IELTS (6.5 overall), TOEFL (IBT 83/PBT 560), TOEIC (720) attempted within two years.
- The application process for the KAIST scholarship in South Korea is online.
- Before starting the application, the applicant must carefully review the application guidelines.
- Applicants only have to apply for admission as international students; if they meet scholarship requirements, they will be automatically considered for KAIST Scholarships 2023.
- Students must pay the application form fee.
- After submitting the online application, print out the application and submit all required documents in hard copy at the office. The postal address is provided on the official website.
- KAIST Scholarship for international students online application deadline: 15 September 2022.
- Application requirements (documents) submission deadline: 26 September 2022 (6:00 pm).
Send us your name on WhatsApp to subscribe to the latest Scholarships / Internships information.