WFP Internship Program 2022 provides a unique opportunity for talented, motivated, and energetic individuals from around the world to gain valuable internship experience. Students who wish to acquire practical experience as they work toward achieving zero hunger may find this to be an excellent opportunity. You should consider applying for an internship at the World Food Programme if you desire to make a meaningful contribution to the welfare of mankind.
Under the experience of experienced professionals in your area of interest, you will learn the skills and develop your personality according to the requirements of market needs. You will be able to utilize your experience as an intern in an international community to further enhance your career profile.
WFP is the leading humanitarian organization fighting hunger worldwide, delivering food assistance in emergencies, and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. The WFP Internship Programme is an opportunity for students or recent graduates who are interested in international development and relief work to gain first-hand experience of WFP’s operations.
- Job Title: Programme Assistant (BISP)
- Grade: SC5
- Type of contract: Service Contract
- Duration:12 Months
- Duty Station: Karachi (Pakistan)
- Deadline of Application: 11 September 2022
This vacancy announcement is for Pakistani Nationals only.
Also apply for the Project Management Internship at Hanns Seidel Foundation Pakistan
- WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, pension, leave plus a medical insurance.
- Remote work if applicable or/FWA until return to office or travel is possible due to covid-19 restrictions.
Programme Assistant/ will be primarily working for BISP Nashonuma activities for ensuring timely support to Provincial Programme Policy Officer -Nutrition, under the overall guidance of Head of Provincial Office, for smooth implementation of the project activities.
1. Perform specialized and/or standardised processes and activities within the specific technical area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
2. Provide project management and/or general office support following established targets and WFP’s policies and procedures.
3. Within the specific area of responsibility, compile data and support analysis and preparation of reports (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) in order to support operational decision-making.
4. Perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. food security and vulnerability assessments) following corporate standards and guidelines.
5. Work and exchange information with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
6. Support communication and activities with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions.
7. Act as a point of contact for resolution of general operational queries requesting assistance where necessary.
8. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
Other specific job requirements:
9. .Keep close and timely coordination with the respective government departments, Cooperating Partner and field coordinators in assigned districts, to ensure that all the activities at the district level are well coordinated and implemented. Actively participate in the district coordination meetings.
10. Maintain close liaison with Department of Health, LHWP, BISP Taluka/District office, nutrition partners to mobilize eligible beneficiaries at BISP Nashonuma Center.
11. Ensured the uninterrupted supply of SNF to the respective distribution points (Facilitation center and nutrition sites). Assist the Provincial Office -Nutrition Unit in development of quarterly and monthly distribution plans in close consultation with respective CP and development of call forwards for RUSF food for each district. Whenever required, take lead on generation of the CRNs in comet system for approvals and ensured timely food dispatches to the BISP Nashonuma Facilitation centers.
12. Facilitate training/orientation and capacity building session of project staff and relevant stakeholders, such as medical officers, medical officers, Lady Health Workers (LHW) and Lady Health Supervisors (LHS).
13. Within the specific area of responsibility, ensure compilation of data and support analysis and preparation of reports in order to support operational decision-making.
14. Act as a point of contact for resolution of complain received from field and general operational queries requesting assistance where necessary at district level
15. Maintain information records and monitoring plan documentation, such as records of commodity movements, monitoring reports, monitoring checklists and entry in system ,in order to assist in the effective service delivery
16. Conduct periodic monitoring trips, spot checks to the project sites, including random monitoring checks on Cooperating Partners (CPs) activities, assessments and prepared progress report using standard monitoring tools.
17. Any other task assigned by supervisor.
Also Apply for the USAID Internship Program for University Students – 2022
Standard Minimum Qualifications
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
At least 2-3 years ‘work experience in nutrition and public health in emergencies, with a minimum of 2 years specifically in CMAM or stunting prevention projects in the province. Has facilitated communication with technical teams (i.e., Nutrition etc.). Has good expertise in web based/real time applications. Has proven expertise to work with Govt counterparts Has participated in nutrition assessment and surveys
Fluency in both oral and written communication in English, Urdu and regional languages (desirable).
Positions are based in WFP assisted districts and appointment are made, based on region/geographical cluster of operational districts in Sindh. Programme Assistant/s will be primarily working for BISP Nashonuma activities for ensuring timely support to Provincial Programme Policy Officer -Nutrition, under the overall guidance of Head of Provincial Office, for smooth implementation of the project activities (Additional districts may be added, if required) 40% of position time is allocated for monitoring activity.
Send us your name on WhatsApp to subscribe to the latest Scholarships / Internships information.