The Joint Japan World Bank Scholarship is an opportunity for individuals from developing countries to study in top countries. The scholarship program is offered for students who have gained a bachelor’s degree and want to pursue a master’s degree program.
This fully-funded master’s scholarship program aims to help international students with two years or more experience in the development sector and look forward to earning a graduate or master’s degree in a program related to development. It is an opportunity for students who wish to study abroad to widen their horizons but cannot afford to do so without external funding and financial support.
Students who cannot study abroad due to economic, political or financial restrictions must avail this opportunity and apply for the Joint Japan World Bank Scholarship 2022. The scholarship is offered to promote education for economic growth; the joint initiative will provide quality education, human resources development and capacity building in individuals to achieve the set goals through this prestigious scholarship.
The fully-funded scholarships for international students will help the students to gain knowledge in a particular area to build a professional profile through acquired skills.
Applicants must be accepted to one of the 48 programs in the United States of America, Japan, Africa, various countries in Europe, and Oceania in order to be selected for the World Bank Scholarship Program.
If the applicants do not receive an offer of admittance to any of the eligible graduate programs, they are not qualified for the Joint Japan World Bank Scholarship 2022.
After completing a two-year graduate degree program, the applicants will go back to their respective countries, where they will use their education and acquired skills through the scholar program and help their country develop economically and socially. Applicants must be passionate and motivated to contribute their efforts to uplift their communities and make positive changes in the world in general.
- The United States of America
- European Countries
Financial coverage: Fully Funded
Eligible Regions: Afghanistan, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Chad, Congo, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Gambia, Grenada, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Iraq, Kiribati, Kyrgyz Republic, Lebanon, Liberia, Madagascar, Maldives, Marshal Islands, Micronesia, Myanmar, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Sierra Leone, Somalia, St. Lucia, Sudan, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Uganda, Vanuata, Palestine and Gaza, Zambia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Burundi, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Comoros, Cote d’Ivoire, Dominica, Fiji, Ghana, Guyana, Honduras, Kenya, Kosovo, Lao PDR, Lesotho, Libya, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Nepal, Niger, Samoa, Senegal, Solomon Islands, South Sudan, St. Vincent & Grenadines, Syria, Tanzania, Togo, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Yemen, Zimbabwe
Eligibility Criteria :
Here are the eligibility criteria for the Joint Japan World Bank Scholarship Program:
Deadline: May 27, 2022
- Applicants must have citizenship in one of the eligible countries.
- They must have completed a Bachelor’s degree no less than three years before applying for the scholarship program.
- Applicants have at least three years of work experience after the completion of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants should have no major health issues.
- Furthermore, they must not have relatives (through blood, marriage, or adoption) that work for the World Bank.
- Applicants should have employment in the development sector when applying for the Joint Japan World Bank scholarship program.
- Moreover, a minimum of three years of employment in the development sector after completing an accredited Bachelor’s degree.
- All eligibility criteria must be fulfilled when applying for the Joint Japan World Bank Scholarship Program. The host organization will not consider applicants if they do not meet all the requirements.
Joint Japan World Bank Scholarship Program 2022 will provide the following benefits:
- Opportunity to study abroad and gain knowledge in the field of your interest.
- The scholarship will cover the economy class air travel cost.
- $500 will be provided as a travel allowance for each trip.
- Also, full tuition fee will be covered.
- Medical insurance will be provided.
- Last but not least, a monthly allowance will be provided to cover accommodation, food and book costs.
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma
- Proof of work experience
- Letter of admission
- Two recommendation letters
- Complete application form
- Medical certificate
- Valid passport/identification card
Joint Japan World Bank scholarship applicants will be assessed based on:
- Work experience (30% weightage)
- Applicants strive to improve the social and economic facets of their home country (30% weightage)
- Educational strength (10% weightage)
- Recommendations (30% weightage)
The scholarship program aims to ensure that the recipients of the graduate scholarship are equally of both genders and all eligible countries. The scholarship program also strives to ensure that all applicants’ special or typical conditions will be considered and look at all applicants’ financial strength.
- The application process for the Joint Japan World Bank Scholarship Program is online. Applicants can apply for the scholarship through the World Bank official website or by clicking apply now button below.
- Upload all the required documents.
- Two recommendation letters from the referees directly who know the applicant’s work experience.
- Applicants must make sure to fill in the application carefully and submit it before the deadline.
- The JJ/WBSP application deadline is 27 May 2022.
Send us your name on WhatsApp to subscribe to the latest Scholarships / Internships information.