USAID offers internships for enrolled students and recent graduate programs. Paid internships are great opportunities for any bachelor, master’s, or PhD student/graduate to apply, gain practical work experience, and implement theoretical learning.
In addition, USAID offers paid and unpaid internships, along with different fellowship opportunities for outstanding young people. Students and graduates can apply for online as well as offline internships.
This international internship program aims to provide students enrolled in different educational institutes, from high school to graduate level, with the best opportunities of working in agencies and exploring federal careers while carrying out their studies side by side and getting paid.
The United States Agency for International Development is an initiative of the U.S. federal government. Fellows and interns will get an opportunity of working in the USAID offices. Not to mention, this will contribute a lot to your CV. Numerous internship programs are open this year that require no IELTS or application fee. You can also check other internships for international students on our website.
Here are the eligibility criteria for the USAID Internship Program:
Also apply for: Fully Funded Internships at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
- Applicants must be enrolled in a university program for a paid internship.
- If the student is applying for a graduate internship, the must-have graduated not more than two years ago.
- Furthermore, they must have leadership and good communication skills.
- Lastly, applicants must meet the other criteria of the program as well.
The assigned work to a fellow or an intern depends upon the work experience and might involve:
- Drafting documents.
- Writing program memoranda.
- Attend program discussions at the Department of State, in the Agency, or on Capitol Hill.
- Contribute in special events and meetings.
- Take part in employee engagement and organizing events.
- Discuss program issues with USAID field missions abroad and with numerous stakeholders of USAID and the general public.
USAID paid internship will provide the following benefits:
- The internship is paid.
- Interns will receive a stipend.
- Gain practical experience.
- Opportunity to work with a leading and top international organization.
- Worthy work experience addition to the CV.
- The USAID Internships application will commence in July.
- USAID fellowships and graduate internships will allow the students to explore the possibilities of federal careers and top-notch work experience.
- Usually, the fellows and interns will get to work in USAID offices in Washington D.C. or any other country where USAID works.
- The supporting program work in conflict prevention, economic growth, health, agriculture, democracy, education, humanitarian assistance, and the environment.
- Make sure to apply before the deadline. Usually, the deadline ends in late July.
- The application process for the USAID internship program is online.
Send us your name on WhatsApp to subscribe to the latest Scholarships / Internships information.