The USA YES Program empowers youth through cultural exchange, education, leadership, and global friendships, fostering a more connected world.
Table of Contents
All High School (9th, 10th class) and O-level students in Pakistan can go to the United States on a fully funded exchange program for one year through the Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) (Fully Funded) 2024–2025.
Benefits of USA YES Program
There are many benefits of USA Yes Program for high school students.
- Cultural Exchange: You will get to experience American culture and life.
- Academic Enrichment: You can study lots of different subjects in American schools.
- Extracurricular Activities: You will join clubs and make friends while doing fun stuff.
- Community Service: You will help your community and learn about responsibility and kindness.
- Youth Leadership Training: You will learn how to be a leader and solve problems.
- Global Citizenship: You will help people from different countries understand each other.
- English Language Proficiency: You will get better at speaking English.
- International Networking: You will make friends all over the world.
- Scholarship Opportunities: You will get money to help with your education.
- Educational Development: It makes education better in Pakistan.
- Community Outreach: It helps people in places that don’t have much.
- Youth Empowerment: It makes young people like you stronger and better at making positive changes.
Eligibility Criteria for USA Yes Program
To be eligible for the USA Yes Program, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Be between the ages of 15 and 17 by the start of the program (August 15, 2024).
- Be enrolled in a secondary school in Pakistan and be in 9th or 10th grade or ‘O’ Levels at the time of application. Note for O-Level Students: Only O’ Level 9th grade or O’ Level 10th grade students are eligible to apply. (O-level 11th graders are not eligible.)
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 60% or more. Must have a minimum grade point average of 60% in all major or core subjects (English, Mathematics, and sciences) and no failing grades in the past three years (2020–21, 2021–22, and 2022–23 academic years).
- Students with a gap year or a repeated year are ineligible.
- Be able to communicate in English.
- Meet U.S. J-1 visa eligibility requirements (for instance, U.S. citizens are not eligible for J-1 visas)
- Be a citizen of Pakistan and reside in Pakistan. Dual nationals of any country will NOT be considered for the program.
- The student must not have traveled to the United States.
- Siblings and children of YES Program alumni are not eligible to participate in the program.
- Siblings and children of Society for International Education and iEARN Pakistan project staff are not eligible to participate in the program.
The applicant must submit all these required documents to apply for the USA Yes Program
- Completed Application Form
- School Transcripts or Report Cards
- Recommendation Letters
- Medical Form (Form M)
- English Proficiency Scores (if applicable)
- Parent/Guardian Consent (if applicable)
- Financial Documentation (if applicable)
- Passport-sized Photos
- Additional Essays or Statements (if required)
- Other Program-Specific Documents (if applicable)
Application and Selection Process
How do I apply?
- Visit the YES Pakistan website.
- Download and fill out the application form.
- Send it with the required documents to the SIE office.
- They don’t accept hand-delivered applications.
- Instructions are on the website.
- Students from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- If selected, you will have an online interview.
- You will get an email notification.
- Pass this to move forward.
- Submit Form M (Medical Form) and documents.
- If you qualify, you will do an in-person essay, group activities, and interview.
- They will email you the details.
- Remember to send Form M and documents on time.
English Language Test
- After the interview, you will take the ELTiS English test.
- They will look at your entire application, interview, and ELTiS score.
- Semifinalists will get a letter.
- Check the Yes Pakistan website and Facebook for updates.
The last date for application submission for the USA Yes Program is October 6, 2023
Send us your name on WhatsApp to subscribe to the latest scholarship and internship information.
Writer and learner for life!