Gain research experience and skills at the Globalink Research Internship in Canada in 2023, encouraging international collaboration.
Table of Contents
Excellent universities, first-rate research facilities, advanced business innovation, and unique undergraduate training possibilities can all be found in Canada.
Benefits of Globalink Research Internship in Canada
- A 12-week Globalink Research Internship in Canada that improves your understanding of and exposes you to practical research in your area of study.
- Work with graduate students and research associates while being supervised by exceptional academic members.
- Access to the highly applied, innovative, and dynamic research landscape of Canada
- A beneficial experience that combines academic studies at a Canadian institution with professional skills development courses and social activities
- In a foreign country, you will have the chance to put your independence to the test and gain international experience. The chance to get in touch with possible graduate supervisors should you want to return to Canada for graduate studies on a Mitacs Globalink Graduate Fellowship.
Prepare for Globalink Research Internship in Canada
- Examine all eligibility criteria: in addition to the Globalink Research Internship in Canada requirements, each country and international partner organization may have additional eligibility requirements.
- Verify that your native country’s passport is still valid at least through January 2025. If you currently don’t have a valid passport, you are invited to submit an application. If your application is accepted, you will also need to present details from a current passport.
- Obtain a professor’s letter of recommendation. Please download the guidelines for writing a reference letter. All reference letters have to follow these guidelines.
- Update your CV. You can use the Mitacs template or submit your own resume for the Globalink Research Internship in Canada.
- Get your transcripts of documents (in either English or French). You are responsible for having the transcripts translated and verified if your university or institution is unable to supply them in either language. You must include transcripts with your application. Only transcripts from colleges will be taken into account. Don’t send your high school transcripts, please.
- In some countries, exams for English or French language proficiency may be necessary. For further information, kindly check the specifics for your own country.
You will also be questioned in the application about:
- Your academic discipline, program, and other educational details
- Your research interests, talents, and accomplishments
- Why did you choose to do research in Canada?
Eligibility Requirements for Globalink Research Internship in Canada 2024
- At the time of application, applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Enrolled full-time in an undergraduate master’s degree at an institution
- Have between one and three semesters of their program left as of fall 2024.
- Follow the academic standards of their home country.
- Submit applications to no more than seven projects, with at least three of the chosen projects coming from different Canadian provinces.
- Have a strong command of English or French
- Not previously received a Globalink Research Internship Project Award.
Requirements for Pakistani Candidates
Note the following further requirements of the Globalink Research Internship in Canada for applicants from Pakistan:
- Pakistan’s eligible institutions are:
- COMSATS University Islamabad
- Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Engineering Sciences and Technology
- Lahore University of Management Sciences
- National University of Sciences and Technology, Islamabad
- NED University of Engineering and Technology, Karachi
- University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore
- University of Karachi
- There is no citizenship requirement.
- Eligible candidates: undergraduates enrolled full-time or in a combined undergraduate master’s program graduating in December 2024 or December 2025
- Students enrolled in a program that only offers master’s degrees are not eligible.
- All participating disciplines
- A minimum annual GPA of 80% is required.
- No test of language proficiency is necessary.
- No additional terms and conditions
How to apply for the Globalink Research Internship in Canada?
You can start your application after successfully creating your account and logging in. You can save your work and come back to it later to add additional details and any files you need to upload. After the application deadline, applications will only be assessed.
The application deadline is September 21, 2023
Send us your name on WhatsApp to subscribe to the latest scholarship and internship information.
Writer and learner for life!