Fully-funded summer internships are offered to successful candidates from participating countries avail once in a lifetime opportunity of a 12-week summer internship at a Canadian institute. International students can start submitting their application from August 2022 till September 2022.
The research internship for international students will take take place in the summer of 2023. Interns will get a chance to work on a research project of their choice (under the supervision of Canadian supervisors). The GRI program pairs faculty in Canada with international undergraduate students for 12-week research projects.
The 12 weeks fully funded internship consists of a variety of academic disciplines, Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences. Undergraduate, Master, and Ph.D. Degree Students can apply. Both Male and Female Participants can apply.
The aim of Mitacs is to build a bridge between Canada and emerging international research talent. Globalink Research Internship is open to all disciplines. This internship is collectively funded by Mitacs and the UK for a total of 40 places. Their university must nominate all students applying for the internship.
The research internship in Canada gathers students’ from different universities from different countries and allows them to work on research together. The top internship in Canada will provide knowledge about research techniques. Students must not miss this paid internship opportunity, it is an opportunity to broaden their network.
- Country: Canada
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible Regions: Pakistan, India, Australia, China, Columbia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Brazil, France, Germany, Ukraine, Mexico, United Kingdom, Tunisia, USA
- Deadline: September 20, 2022
Eligibility Criteria :
Here are the eligibility criteria for the research internship in Canada:
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- They must be enrolled in a full-time Undergraduate or Master’s Program.
- Students of all disciplines are welcome to apply.
- Moreover, applicants must be available to complete a 12-week internship.
- They must have a valid passport at the time of application (until at least January 2024).
- Furthermore, they should submit an official transcript from the home university in English or French.
- In addition, a letter of Reference (at least one) from a Professor or Research Supervisor is required.
- CV with details of research experience.
Checkout the eligible universities list here.
The Globalink Research Internship provides the following benefits:
- Round-trip airfare ticket to and from Canada (amount may vary on the country of origin of internee),
- Transportation from Airport to accommodation,
- Housing allowance,
- Health insurance,
- Student enrollment fees
- Stipend up to $300,
- Allowance for food and incidentals,
- Student mentorship on campus in Canada.
- Industry events and professional development courses
- Certificate of completion.
- Develop research expertise with top professors with outstanding research facilities.
- Enhance important skills for the workplace, including research skills, critical and creative thinking, cultural awareness, and developing a global outlook.
- A chance to interact with companies of interest through tours or individual meetings.
- Follow the link below to apply for the Globalink Research Internship.
- Make sure to check the application timeline and GRI cycle before applying.
- April to June 2022: Project proposals.
- August to September 2022: International students can select projects and submit applications.
- October 2022 to January 2023: Candidates’ application review and selection.
- February 2023: Announcement of final results of the selection.
- February to April 2023: Pre-internship preparation.
Send us your name on WhatsApp to subscribe to the latest Scholarships / Internships information.