The Fulbright Scholar Program offers support for up to a year of teaching, post-doctoral research, or a combination of both at a U.S. university.
Table of Contents
The Fulbright Scholar Program also provides coverage for one dependent. If you are selected, you are expected to share insights about Pakistani society and culture with U.S. students, colleagues, and community groups.
Upon your return to Pakistan, your contribution to the country’s progress and your experiences in the U.S. are highly valued and should be shared with students, colleagues, and community groups.
Benefits of the Fulbright Scholar Program
Once you are part of the Fulbright Scholar Program, you will receive a lot of useful benefits, such as:
- The Fulbright Scholar Program takes care of your travel expenses. So, no worries about how to get to the U.S. The Fulbright Scholar Program covers one visiting dependent, but the scholar is responsible for all other dependents.
- You will get funding to support your research needs. This could be for things like doing experiments, buying books, or attending important conferences.
- To help you manage your day-to-day expenses, they will provide you with a regular allowance. This way, you can concentrate on your studies without stressing about bills.
- Your well-being matters. That’s why they give you health insurance. If you need medical attention, you are all set.
- It can be difficult to arrange a visa. The Fulbright Scholar Program will guide you through the visa application process. They do it to make things simpler for you.
These benefits have the objective of making your time in the program enjoyable and learning-oriented.
Details of the Fulbright Scholar Program
Announcement: Expected in Summer
Duration: A maximum of 12 months
Start of Studies: Fall of the following year
Eligibility Criteria of the Fulbright Scholar Program
- Scholars, professionals, and artists from a variety of fields are eligible to submit applications. Clinical medicine is the only exception.
- Each applicant must hold a terminal degree, such as a Ph.D., in their discipline.
- It is crucial to have a strong command of both written and spoken English.
- The selected applicants will have a carefully designed application outlining their objectives in the US and how they relate to their work in Pakistan.
- The proposal is important for the application. Candidates for teaching opportunities must have experience teaching at the university level.
- Ph.D. holders, those who have spent the last two years conducting intensive research in the United States, and those who have spent the past five years participating in educational programs
- People who are dual citizens of the United States and Pakistan or who have a partner, fiance, parent, or child who is a permanent resident or a citizen of the United States
- U.S. Department of State employees and their dependents, or USEFP
- People who are already enrolled in school in the United States or who are on a visa for a job or residence
Application Process of the Fulbright Scholar Program
To apply, click on the button given below. Submit all necessary application materials (original and a copy) along with references to USEFP.
Application forms will be made available on the official website upon program announcement.
A minimum of two invitation letters from universities in the United States are required. These letters can be submitted either during the application or after being shortlisted for the grant.
Notably, there’s no requirement for an English proficiency test for this program. As part of the application process.
Current Status and Deadline
Deadline: September 20, 2023
Participate in the Fulbright Scholar Program to learn while sharing, bridging cultures, and improving lives.
Send us your name on WhatsApp to subscribe to the latest scholarship and internship information.
Writer and learner for life!