The government of Brunei Darussalam is offering a scholarship to Pakistani citizen under the Government of Brunei Darussalam scholarship for foreign students tenable in Brunei Darussalam scheme for the 2023-24.
Programs and Universities
The Scholarship provides applicants with the opportunity to pursue studies at the Diploma, Undergraduate Degree and Postgraduate Master’s Degree level at the following institutions of higher education in Brunei.
- University Brunei Darussalam (UBD),
- University Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA),
- University Technology Brunei (UTB)
- Kolej University Perguruan Ugama Seri Begawan (KUPU SB) and
- Polytechnic Brunei (PB).
The academic year commences in July/August 2023.
Ineligible applications will be rejected. Applicants must:
- Not exceed the age of 25, for Undergraduate and Diploma programmes, and the age of 35, for POstgraduate Masters Degree programmes, on the Tirst day of July on the year wnen the course/ programme starts.
- Be proficient in English with a Credit 6 at GCE O’ Level Examination or a Grade ‘C” in IGCSE English (as a second language) or an IELTS SCore of 6.0 or a TOEFL minimum score of 550.
- NOTE: The Scholarship is intended primarily for international students studying for the first time in Brunei Darussalam.
- Bruneians, Brunei Permanent Residents and international students studying/who have studied in Brunei tertiary institutions are NOT eligible.
Also apply for: The ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents 2023 Call for Applications for Masters and PhD
1. The closing date for application of the Scholarship is 15 February 2023.
2. An applicant may be required to appear for an interview at such place(s) as may be determined by the institutions offering the programmes, and to sit a written examination to assess the applicant’s proficiency in the English/ Malay/ Arabic Language (where applicable).
3. The Government of Brunei Darussalam reserves the right to reject any applications.
The decision on the selection of candidates is final. Any disputes or enquiries pertaining to the decision made will not be entertained.
4. Documents to be uploaded in the application form (BDGS Application Form):
- Recent passport size photograph.
- Certified true copies of academic qualifications and other supporting documents (i.e. certificates, testimonials, transcripts).
- Certified English translations of supporting documents must be submitted for documents that are not in English.
- Certified true copies of Birth Certificate and Passport. References and recommendations from referees. (C1 and C2)
Scholarship Terms and Conditions
The full listing of the terms and conditions of the scholarship will be provided to the applicant once the application is successful and a scholarship is offered. A declaration will be required to be signed confirming understanding and agreement to these terms and conditions upon acceptance of the scholarship.
Also checkout: Fully Funded 6 Weeks Exchange Program in USA for Pakistani English Teachers
The general terms and conditions are as follows:
3.1 The scholarship recipient will be facilitated with the benefits of the scholarship as follows:
- exemption from paying tuition fees including acceptance, examination, registration and orientation fees for the duration of the programme;
- An economy class air-ticket to Brunei Darussalam from the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/ country of domicile prior to the commencement of the course and an economy class air-ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the course;
- A monthly personal allowance of BND$500.00;
- A monthly meals allowance of BND$150.00;
- An annual book allowance of BND$600.00;
- accommodation at the residential college of the University/ Polytechnic;
- baggage allowance for shipment of the scholarship recipient’s personal effects to his country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the programme, at a maximum amount of:
- BND$250.00 to a country within the ASEAN region; or
- BND$500.00 to a country outside the ASEAN region;
- comprehensive insurance cover for the whole duration of the Scholarship. The scholarship recipient is urged to obtain additional insurance prior to his travel to Brunei Darussalam and for the whole duration of the Scholarship at his own expense.
3.2 This scholarship shall not be held concurrently with any other scholarship, fellowship, grant or loan without the prior approval of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This scholarship may be terminated or revoked immediately should the scholarship recipient be found holding another scholarship, fellowship, grant or loan without prior written approval of the Ministry.
3.3 A scholarship recipient is not encouraged to bring any family members with him for the duration of the Scholarship. No marriage allowance nor child allowance is payable to the scholarship recipient and no accommodation will be provided to any accompanying spouse, child or children.
Also apply for: Paid Internships at Oil & Gas Development Company (OGDCL) 2023 for Engineering, Business, Accounting and Science graduates
3.4 A scholarship recipient is not permitted to undertake any paid employment or to serve on the staff of any country’s representative mission in Brunei Darussalam during the duration of the scholarship. A scholarship recipient is required to:
- conform to all the rules and regulations underlying this Scholarship;
- abide by the rules and regulations of his University/ Polytechnic;
- respect the customs, culture and official religion of Brunei Darussalam;
- obey all the laws and regulations of Brunei Darussalam;
- refrain from engaging in political activities;
- undergo health screening in Brunei Darussalam if deemed necessary by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
3.5 Upon completion of the programme, the scholarship recipient will be required to leave Brunei Darussalam with immediate effect.
The last date of submitting online application is 15th February 2023.
To apply, please fill in the online Application Form at the following button.
Applicants applying to Universiti Brunei Darussalam must also complete an online application through the button given below:
If you need further details visit: https://www.mfa.gov.bn/online-bdgs/
Send us your name on WhatsApp to subscribe to the latest Scholarships / Internships information.