Each year, the Romanian government, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, provides a number of scholarships to citizens from non-EU countries. Only candidates with good educational results, or an average of the study years for the most recent school from which they graduated, of at least 7 (seven), corresponding to the Romanian scoring system, or the “good score,” as the case may be, are eligible.
Levels of Study: Bachelors, Masters and PhD
Deadline: 1 March, 2023
- The results of the scholarship selection process will be announced by e-mail, on 15 July 2023 to every candidate who applied for a scholarship.
To be eligible, the scholarship applicant must:
- submit a complete file;
- present study documents issued by accredited/recognized education institutions in the country where they were issued;
- comply with the enrolment deadline;
- have good results in education, respectively an average of the study years, for the last graduated school of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case.
- Exemption from the payment of registration fees or any other fees required by application processing, testing for the Romanian language skills, taking the admission contest for doctoral studies and the specific aptitude tests;
- Financing the tuition expenses for the Romanian language preparatory year;
- Financing the tuition expenses for the actual studies, but not more than the duration of a university cycle, corresponding to the study programme followed;
- Granting a monthly scholarship, for students enrolled in the Romanian language preparatory year;
- Granting a monthly scholarship, for students enrolled in bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral studies, but not more than the duration of a university cycle;
- Financing the accommodation expenses in the student dormitories, within the allocated subsidy granted through the budget of the Ministry of Education;
- Medical assistance in case of medical-surgical emergencies and diseases with endemic-epidemic potential, in accordance with the legislation in force;
- Local public, ground, naval and underground transport, as well as domestic car, railway and naval transport, in the same conditions as those offered to Romanian students, according to the legal provisions.
- Exemption from the payment of the study visa fee.
How to submit application files?
The scholarship application can be sent ONLY through the Study in Romania platform.
Candidates can access the platform at https://studyinromania.gov.ro, via the Apply for MFA scholarships button, or directly via the button given below. The platform can be accessed both in English and French.
REJECTED: Applications submitted directly by the applicants to the registry offices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Ministry of Education, or to the e-mail addresses of the MFA employees / departments of the MFA Headquarters, or to the Romanian diplomatic missions or the foreign diplomatic missions accredited in Bucharest, will not be taken into consideration.
Send us your name on WhatsApp to subscribe to the latest Scholarships / Internships information.