The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK (CSC) provides the UK government’s Commonwealth scholarship scheme led by international development objectives. Since 1960, the CSC has funded over 30,000 individuals to study in the UK and gain skills, acquire knowledge, and build networks to tackle global development challenges.
Deadline: The CSC portal is open for applications up to October 18, 2022.
To apply for these scholarships, you must meet HEC eligibility in addition to CSC requirements mentioned below:
- Be a Pakistani/AJ&K national and permanent resident of Pakistan/AJ&K. Dual nationals are not eligible.
- For PhD scholarship, an applicant must hold a first-class degree in relevant postgraduate qualification (17/18 years Masters/MS/MPhil degree) in the relevant field of study by closing date of HEC application portal.
- Candidate must not have Second/Third division in the terminal/last degree. Result awaiting candidates are also not eligible to apply.
- All applicants are required to provide HAT test score. Applicant must have obtained a minimum score of 60 out of 100 in HAT test. Those applicants who have taken HAT test on or after January 01, 2022 may upload the test result on HEC portal for consideration.
- Without providing minimum HAT test score (60 out of 100), applications will not be considered for further process. Those interested applicants who are yet to take HAT test, may register for the same by visiting https://etc.hec.gov.pk/. ETC is accepting applications for HAT test till October 11, 2022.
- Applicants applying for Teaching faculty, must have an experience of minimum 12 months as regular/contract permanent faculty member (not as a visiting or adhoc appointment)
CSC Eligibility Criteria in addition to HEC criteria:
To apply for these scholarships:
- HEC validate/promote equal opportunity, therefore, females are encouraged to apply. (50:50 nominations shall be forwarded)
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2023,
- There is no requirement of IELTS. However, applicant has to fulfil his/her intended university requirement.
- There is no age limit for masters as well as PhD.
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship.
- Provide full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications, including to-date transcripts for any qualifications you are currently studying (with certified translations if not in English) – uploaded to the online application system
- Provide references from at least two individuals. Get a recommendation or reference Letter (Free template)
- NOT be registered for a PhD, or an MPhil leading to a PhD., at a UK university or in your home country before September/October 2023
- Provide a supporting statement from a proposed supervisor in the UK from at least one of the institutions named on your application form.
- Candidates applying for PhD studies must have consent of acceptance by their supervisor at the proposed host university (mentioned in the application form). A statement of acceptance issued by the supervisor must be attached to the online application.
Online references must also be submitted by CW portal deadline
Kindly visit below mentioned links for further details on eligibility criteria & terms of award:
Applicants are required to submit online applications at the Commonwealth and HEC portals. In case the applicant fails to submit online application forms on BOTH websites mentioned in Step (1) & Step (2) below, HEC is unable to accept their application.
Step- 1 (Commonwealth Online Application)
- Candidates must apply using the CSC’s online application system mentioned below. The CSC is unable to accept any applications that are not submitted via the online application system or after the closing date listed above.
- For Masters Click here to apply for a Master’s Scholarship
- For PhD Click here to apply for a PhD Scholarship
- Please remember that there is no application fee.
Step – 2 (HEC Online application)
Apply online at HEC website. After registering and filling your profile, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad”.
After submission of the application, get its printed copy to be signed by applicant. HEC online application portal shall close on October 18, 2022 (04.00 PM Pakistan Time)
Before applying, kindly update your HEC profile with latest email/cell number & updated information. You are advised to complete and submit your application as soon as possible, as the online application system will be very busy in the days leading up to the application deadline
Application without submitting both Commonwealth Application form and online HEC form will not be entertained in any case (submitted applications must also be complete in all aspects)
Save your HEC online application & Commonwealth online application after successful submission to relevant portals.
Hardcopies of HEC application form (along with relevant academic documents viz. transcripts, equivalence for foreign degree, statement of purpose, research plan/proposal, copies of CNIC, Domicile) & submitted Commonwealth scholarship forms (proof of minimum 02 references & placement letter) may be kept saved for applicant’s own record.
PLEASE NOT THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SEND HARDCOPIES OF APPLICATIONS TO HEC.
- HEC online portal shall close as per the deadline, thereafter, no candidate may be able to apply. Also, incomplete applications (not submitted/saved) will NOT be accepted.
- Please note that HEC has only a facilitation role in the nomination process, as the final selection will be made by the donor country. Further, HEC will have no financial liability regarding this scholarship.
- In case of submitting false information at any stage, HEC reserves the right to cancel and debar applicants for all future scholarships.
- It is the sole responsibility of applicants to ensure that they apply on both Commonwealth and HEC portal before the deadline of October 18, 2022.
Prepare these documents to help you speed up your application process!
- Academic CV or Resume (Free template)
- Cover Letter or Purpose Statement (Free template)
- Motivational Letter (Free template)
- Recommendation or Reference Letter (Free template)
Send us your name on WhatsApp to subscribe to the latest Scholarships / Internships information.