This is an opportunity to do a fully funded PhD from abroad at the University of Leicester, UK on the funding of Allama Iqbal International University. The scholars will then have to teach as Assistant Professors (BPS-19) at AIOU for a period of eight years.
38 PhD Scholarships are available in every field of Social sciences & Humanities, Sciences, Education, Arabic & Islamic Studies.
Deadline: 12th September, 2022
Basic Eligibility Criteria:
- Pakistani / AJK nationals
- Must have MS/ M.Phil. in relevant field for PhD scholarship.
- Must have first division (60% in annual examination system) or CGPA 3.0 out of 4.0 / 70% marks in the terminal degree.
- Maximum two second divisions and no third division throughout academic career
- Maximum age on closing date of applications should not be more than 30 years.
- Must have obtained requisite qualification on or before closing date of applications.
- Those who are availing any other scholarship are not eligible to apply.
- Applicant must fulfill the admission requirements of the university to be enrolled.
After assessing the basic selection criteria, the following shortlisting criteria will be applied.
Academic qualification assessment will be undertaken using the following formula:
- Valid GRE test result will be required to be submitted along with other documents once requested.
- GRE will be mandatory for all applicants competing for PhD Scholarships through Open Competition. Only Candidates qualify GRE shall be short listed / called for Panel Interview.
- A valid GRE result shall be acceptable, however, if the applicant wishes to improve his/her score, he / she can avail the chance. (Applicants can also apply using their HAT Scores. A special HAT test will be arranged on 17th September for those who haven’t taken the test before.)
- Qualifying score for GRE will be 60%.
- Submission of Research Proposal is Mandatory for all applicants shortlisted for Panel Interview against the categories of PhD Scholarships.
- The proposal shall be submitted at least two weeks before the Panel Interviews and shall be evaluated through ORIC from among the approved list of evaluators.
The University shall conduct a Panel Interview for qualified applicants against a. the categories of PhD Scholarships, after assessment of Qualifications, GRE, and Research Proposal.
Recommendation and Final Interview
- After interview in each category, USMC shall recommend three applicants in the order of merit against each slot (where available).
- Result of PhD Scholarships (Open Competition) shall be presented to the Executive Council for approval.
- All recommended applicants by USMC will appear before AlOU Selection Board for Job Interview.
- If the Selection Board does not recommend the candidate, then his scholarship will be quashed. But if the Selection Board recommends the candidate, then he/she will be issued a Provisional Offer Letter.
- The applicant will be Offered Job in AIOU after resigning from the previous job and he / she will proceed for studies after fulfilling all pre-requisites.
- Such candidates will be offered EOL for Study Purpose and their job status will remain static till the completion of degree.
- On completion of degree, the candidate will join in the university and his /her service and benefits will be considered from the date of joining.
- The scholar will have to submit a bond to serve the university for a period as specified in the undertaking.
For more details, please visit the office of Assistant Registrar-HR during normal working hours 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (Monday to Friday) or call at 051-9057649
Send us your name on WhatsApp to subscribe to the latest Scholarships / Internships information.
794 total views, 2 views today