3,500+ TED talks are freely available on the internet but only a few are worth your time. Here is a list of 20 TED talks to help you learn, laugh, and grow.
1. Inside the mind of a master procrastinator By Tim Urban
We all procrastinate, but this video will tell you why we do it & how it matters.
Also Read: Nestle Internship Program 2022 / On-site and virtual
2. The history of our world in 18 minutes By David Christian
From the Big Bang to the internet, this is the crash course we all need.
3. How great leaders inspire action By Simon Sinek
With great examples and simple steps, this video will change your approach to leadership.
4. What makes a good life? Lessons from the longest study on happiness By Robert Waldinger
The speaker leverages a 75 y/o study on adult development to demystify the path to a fulfilling life.
Also Read: Last month to apply for the fully funded Austrian govt scholarships (BS, MS, PhD)
5. The best stats you’ve ever seen By Hans Rosling
With compelling data visuals and eye-opening stats, this man will change your perceptions of the “developing world.”
6. How to speak so that people want to listen By Julian Treasure
It’s filled with vocal exercises and simple tips to make you a powerful speaker.
7. The next outbreak? We’re not ready By Bill Gates
Timely to say the least…
Also Read: Australian Government Scholarships 2022-23 [without IELTS] are open for BS, MS and PhD
8. How to spot a liar By Pamela Meyer
Deception is all around but this talk will give you the tools to take back the truth.
9. The art of misdirection By Apollo Robbins
Watch the world’s greatest pickpocket unravel the flaws in human perception.
10. How to make stress your friend By Kelly McGonigal
A health psychologist breaks down how we can leverage stress as a strength.
Also Read: 10 Best Sites that will Pay You to Write Articles Online
11. Looks aren’t everything. Believe me, I’m a model By Cameron R.
In a compelling example of appearance vs reality, a model unveils the dark side of her industry.
12. How to find and do work you love By Scott Dinsmore
A career change strategist tells you why and how you can find work in a space that you actually care about.
13. How to start a movement By Derek Sivers
With an iconic example, Derek breaks down exactly how movements begin.
Also Read: Scholarships open in Azerbaijan for undergraduate, graduate & doctoral programs; IELTS not mandatory
14. 5 steps to designing the life you want By Bill Burnett
We spend hours designing our homes, here is how you can design your life.
15. The first 20 hours: how to learn anything By Josh Kaufman
Learning is a skill – here is a tactical approach to learning anything.
16. Unwavering Focus Dandapani
A Hindu monk shares the spiritual tools to create unwavering focus – an undeniable asset in today’s world.
Also Read: These 10 sites can help you learn programming and computer skills for FREE!
17. After watching this, your brain will not be the same By Lara Boyd
A talk that will change your perception of brain flexibility and how we can shape the brain we want.
18. The Skill of Humor By Andrew Tarvin
Rather unconventional but an effective lesson on humor – not that I needed it.
19. How to fix a broken heart By Guy Winch
If you’re heartbroken stop listening to sad songs, hear this “Guy” instead.
20. The surprising habits of original thinkers By Adam Grant
Organizational psychologist Adam Grant decrypts the path to authentic ideation.
Also Read: From music to blockchain & molecular biology, Learn at home with free MIT online courses
Courtesy of Abhishek Shah