Start a journey in the world of science and technology with the Technical Student Programme 2024 at CERN, where hands-on experience awaits.
Table of Contents
Learning on the job is the best way to learn. And it’s even better if that job is at a famous organization that’s really good at science stuff. So, if you’re a college student studying things like Applied Physics, Engineering, or Computing, and you want to get some real-world experience or finish a big project, you can come to CERN for 4 to 12 months while you’re still in school (whether you’re getting a Bachelor’s or a Master’s degree).
If your school wants you to do an internship to learn more, just think about doing it at CERN in Geneva. It’s a great chance for students who are excited to work in a special place with the latest technology. You can apply to join the Technical Student Programme 2024 at CERN and use what you know in areas like applied physics, electrical or electronics engineering, general or civil engineering, IT (computers and stuff), math and robots, materials and surface science, or mechanical engineering.
A group of smart people from CERN looks at all the applications three times a year, in February, June, and October. They usually pick about 80 students each time to be part of the program.
(Keep in mind that students who are focused on studying theoretical or experimental particle physics cannot apply for this program.)
Fields of study
Technical Student openings:
If your college or school suggests or even requires you to get some job practice through an internship, just think about doing it at CERN in Geneva. It’s not just any work experience; it’s a technical student programme 2024 at CERN, unlike any other on the planet, and it looks great on your resume!
Technical Student Programme 2024 at CERN- General / Civil Engineering
If you’re a student aiming to gain hands-on training in fields like general or civil engineering, surveying, or safety, you’ll get to work with the latest technology. You can also add to your knowledge in various areas, such as designing and planning industrial and office buildings, creating underground structures, building roads and drainage systems, dealing with soil and rock engineering, and managing safety risks, among other things.
Technical Student Programme 2024 at CERN- Material & Surface Science
If you’re a student who wants to learn and get hands-on training in things related to Material and Surface Science or Chemical Engineering, this is your chance to work with the newest technology. You can learn and help out in areas like testing materials to see how strong they are, measuring magnets, studying the structure of metals, treating surfaces, using fancy microscopes, using X-rays to understand materials, or even working with radioactivity. There are so many things you can explore!
Technical Student Programme 2024 at CERN – Applied Physics
If you’re a student who wants to get hands-on experience in Applied Physics, you can work with the latest technology. You’ll learn and help in many different areas, like studying things that detect particles and how they’re used, analyzing and simulating data, processing information, researching radiation, working with special tools for measuring beams, using light and lasers, dealing with super cold temperatures, handling vacuums, and understanding heat and energy, among other things. There’s a lot to explore!
Technical Student Programme 2024 at CERN – Mechanical Engineering
If you’re a student interested in getting hands-on experience in Mechanical Engineering, you can work with the latest technology. You’ll have the chance to learn and help in various areas, such as understanding how things like structures and machines work, working with magnets, studying fluids and heating systems, dealing with machines that combine mechanics and electronics, using computers to design things, and measuring things accurately. There’s a wide range of things you can explore!
Technical Student Programme 2024 at CERN – IT, Mathematics & Robotics
If you’re a student interested in getting hands-on experience in Information Technologies, Mathematics, or Robotics, you can work with the latest technology. You’ll have the chance to learn and help in various areas, like making websites, creating virtual computer systems, working on computers that share tasks, managing data, building software, or taking care of computer systems, using popular programming languages and scripts. There are lots of exciting things to explore!
Technical Student Programme 2024 at CERN – Electrical / Electronic Engineering
If you’re a student interested in gaining hands-on experience in Electrical or Electronics Engineering, you can work with the latest technology. You’ll have the chance to learn and contribute in various areas, like dealing with high or low-voltage electrical systems, distributing energy, setting up communication networks, working on computer systems, processing signals, working with tiny electronic components, or dealing with radio waves, among other things. There are lots of exciting areas to explore!
Benefits of Technical Student Programme 2024 at CERN
Technical Student Programme 2024 at CERN takes care of all the costs for the candidates they select. This includes:
- A work contract that can last from 2 to 12 months.
- You get 3407 Swiss Francs each month as you pay (after taxes are taken out).
- They also cover your travel expenses for flying in economy class.
- If you are married or have kids, they might give you some extra money, depending on your situation.
- You will be a part of their health insurance plan.
- You get 2,5 days of paid leave every month.
Eligibility criteria for the Technical Student Programme 2024 at CERN
To be eligible for the Technical Student Programme 2024 at CERN, you must:
- Be a citizen of a CERN Member or Associate Member State.
- Have finished at least 18 months of your undergraduate studies (Bachelor’s or Master’s) in an administrative field by February 2024.
- Stay enrolled as a full-time student throughout the internship.
- Be proficient in English or French
To complete your application for Technical Student Programme 2024 at CERN, you’ll need the following documents in either English or French. Make sure they are labeled clearly (e.g., “CV,” “Academic transcript,” “Reference letter”) and in PDF format:
- Your CV.
- A copy of your latest academic grades (ensure there’s no password protection if downloaded from your university portal).
- It’s mandatory to have a reference letter from a university professor. If you have one from a previous internship, you can include it as a second reference.
- You can upload the reference letter yourself when you submit your application, or your referee can upload it using the link you’ll receive after submitting your application.
In the “Education” and “Experience” sections, applicants are advised to provide specific details when completing the application. It is recommended that answers be prepared in advance using software such as Word or Notepad, as there is a limited time window to submit the application once it has been initiated on smart recruiters.
Applicants applying to multiple positions should take note that they will need to upload the required documents for each individual application.
- Your application might be looked at by a group of experts.
- Then, CERN experts will examine it from November 6th to the end of January 2024.
- During this time, they might call you for a chat or more details.
- You’ll find out if you got the job by around mid-February 2024
The last date for application submission for Technical Student Programme 2024 at CERN is 6th November 2023
How to apply?
Follow these steps to apply for Technical Student Programme 2024 at CERN
- The Application Process is conducted online.
- You can find the link to the official CERN website below.
- It’s recommended to provide as much specific information as possible.
- When completing the online application form, please note that it cannot be saved.
- You’ll need to fill out the form in one continuous session
Send us your name on WhatsApp to subscribe to the latest scholarship and internship information.
Writer and learner for life!