At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world’s largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter – fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature.
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN’s mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization.
One of CERN’s key missions is education. Our experts enjoy sharing their knowledge with committed and passionate students.
If you are an undergraduate student in a technical or administrative field, and you’re looking to spend a few months training on-the-job, imagine doing your internship at CERN in Geneva. An impressive addition to your CV!
We offer a limited number of placements in our practical training programme.
Duration 1 – 6 months.
To qualify for an internship, you should meet the following requirements:
- You are a full-time student (Technical/Administrative diploma, Bachelor or Master degree).
- Please note that candidates studying for a PhD are not eligible for this programme.
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- Your main field of study is in one of the following areas: applied physics, computing, mathematics, electricity, electronics, mechanical or civil engineering, instrumentation, materials science, radiation protection, safety and environmental protection, surveying, ultra-high vacuum, scientific communication. Or in administrative fields such as: translation, advanced secretarial work, accounting, legal services, human resources, librarianship, logistics.
- You will remain a full-time registered student throughout the internship at CERN.
- You have good working proficiency in English and/ or French.
- The duration of the internship is minimum 1 month and maximum 6 months.
- Your Educational Establishment / University must ensure you have full insurance cover valid in the Geneva area (France and Switzerland) for medical expenses, work and private accidents as well as any disability arising from professional and non-professional illness and accidents.
- You will receive a monthly allowance of 1,516 Swiss Francs.
You need a CV in English or French (in a PDF format).
During the application process you will need to select your availability period for this internship.
Send us your name on WhatsApp to subscribe to the latest Scholarships / Internships information.