Through the UNICEF Internship 2023 in Islamabad, you can gain useful skills in partnership management and resource mobilization.
Table of Contents
UNICEF is working to keep kids strong and well-fed.
Pakistan promised to look after kids’ rights by signing a special agreement. They did this really quickly after the United Nations made the agreement in 1989. But still, kids in Pakistan face big challenges.
UNICEF is helping Pakistan make things better for kids. They want to reach important goals for kids’ well-being. They are also using a plan called the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
This plan helps kids have a good life. UNICEF also wants to make sure kids in Pakistan get the rights they were promised. They are doing this by working closely with many important people and groups, like teachers, doctors, and the kids themselves.
The intern will help with the donor reporting process and knowledge management for the Pakistan Country Office under the direction of the Public Partnerships Specialist.
Eligibility Criteria for UNICEF Internship
To be considered for the UNICEF Internship, you need to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You should either be currently enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate, or PhD degree program or have graduated within the past two years from fields such as international relations, political science, communications, international development, or related disciplines.
- A strong command of the English language is compulsory. Proficiency in Urdu is seen as an added advantage.
- You must be familiar with using Microsoft Office tools, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Proofreading, editing, and effective written communication skills are important.
- To apply, you must be at least 18 years old.
- According to recent university or institution records, you should have a history of achieving high grades.
- You need to have proof of medical insurance that covers the duration of the internship.
- You should not have immediate relatives (e.g., parents, siblings) working in any UNICEF office, and no relatives should be in positions of authority over the intern.
Requirements of UNICEF Internship
Applicants should possess a good foundation in the following areas:
- Communication Skills: Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills are important.
- Language Proficiency: Proficiency in English is essential, and knowledge of other languages could be an advantage.
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in using Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- must have the ability to collaborate well as a team.
- Detail Orientation: Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Required Documents for UNICEF Internship
When applying for the UNICEF Internship, make sure to prepare the following documents:
- A resume or CV: A detailed document outlining your educational background, work experience, skills, and any other relevant information.
- Cover Letter: A letter explaining your interest in the internship, why you are a suitable candidate, and what you hope to gain from the experience.
- Academic Records: Copies of your academic records or transcripts from your educational institution.
- Additional Documents: Any other documents, certificates, references, or samples of your work that showcase your qualifications.
Benefits of UNICEF Internship
The UNICEF Internship offers various benefits, including:
- Practical Experience: You will gain hands-on experience in a globally recognized organization dedicated to child welfare.
- Learning Opportunity: You will learn from professionals across different fields and gain insights into their work.
- Meaningful Contributions: You will have the chance to contribute to important projects and initiatives that make a difference.
- Networking: You will have the opportunity to build a network of contacts in your field of interest.
- Cultural Exposure: Working with UNICEF exposes you to diverse cultures and work environments.
- Skill Development: You will develop skills that can be valuable for your future career.
Application Process for the UNICEF Internship
Follow these procedures to apply for the internship:
- Go to the official UNICEF website or the specific job posting page. (Given below)
- Carefully read the instructions provided in the job posting to understand the application process.
- Gather the required documents, including your resume, cover letter, academic records, and any additional documents.
- Fill out the online application form, attaching the necessary documents.
- Make sure your application is accurate and comprehensive by checking it twice. Once satisfied, submit your application.
Please note that for the next steps of the selection process, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Make sure the contact information you give is accurate.
Application Deadline: August 25, 2023 (Pakistan Time)
Note: UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Appointments are subject to medical clearance and other requirements. UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy for behaviors incompatible with its goals, including any form of harassment or abuse.
Writer and learner for life!