Applications are open for the University Of Trieste Master’s Scholarship for the academic year 2022. It is a two-year program in the field of Medical Physics. The co-sponsors of this program are the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), the International Organization of Medical Physics (IOMP) and the European Federation of Organization of Medical Physics (EFOMP) in collaboration with Trieste University Hospital.
Students will spend the first year at ICTP and the second year for clinical training in the Medical Physics Department of the Trieste Hospital.
. This program focuses on granting fully funded scholarships for young, passionate and outstanding physics graduates, from low-income or developing countries, with top-class training in their medical physics relevant field. Fellows will receive postgraduate theoretical and clinical training to get recognition as senior Clinical Medical Physicians.
The master’s program scholarship will be held under the assistance of experts from the International Atomic Energy Agency International Organization of Medical Physics. The training comprises basic and advanced courses. Experts in relevant fields will supervise practical and clinical practices.
- Country: Italy
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: April 30, 2022
Eligibility Criteria :
Here are the eligibility criteria for the University Of Trieste Master’s scholarship in Italy:
- Applicants must have the qualification of MSc or equivalent in Physics or its relevant field.
- An excellent academic record, research projects and professional experience in physics are required.
- Knowledge of the English language must be satisfactory.
- Applicants should be under the age of 30.
- In addition, applicants must be nationals of the country members of the United Nations, UNESCO or IAEA.
- Applicants who have pursued their degree from any country other than Italy must obtain the ‘Dichiarazione do Valore’ from the Italian Embassy. It will be evidence that their curriculum studiorum is equivalent to the Italian standards of ‘Laurea specialistica.’
- Furthermore, students have to attempt an examination at the end of each course.
- Students have to submit thesis and its defense in the last month of the program.
- The degree will be awarded only to those who successfully pass the examinations, clinical training and practical training.
- Finally, yet importantly, applicants must be willing to participate in all activities of their relevant field at ICTP.
IAEA and ICTP will provide full scholarships as well as partial scholarships:
Full support includes:
- The host organization will cover travel costs.
- Moreover, registration fee waiver.
- Furthermore, IAEA and ICTP will provide 900 euros monthly stipend for the first year.
- Lastly, one thousand euros as a stipend in the second year. This amount may reduce if the student receives an accommodation allowance.
Partial support includes:
- Half support for travel costs.
- The host will also cover half of the registration fee.
- Also, a monthly stipend of 450 euros in the first year.
- Five hundred euros stipend in the second year.
Other details :
- Updated CV.
- University degree.
- Letter of recommendation from a senior scientist.
- If the referees have any connection with ICTP, it should be mentioned in the letter.
Individuals interested in pursuing a Master of Advanced Studies in Medical Physics can apply for this scholarship through the online application process.
Send us your name on WhatsApp to subscribe to the latest Scholarships / Internships information.