Chinese Government is offering scholarships in almost every field such as Arts, Social Sciences, Engineering, Medical Sciences etc. The Chinese Government Scholarships application deadlines vary from university to university, the farthest being until 31 March 2022. Some of the Universities has announced CSC Scholarship for the year 2022.
Here is a list of Universities who have announced the Scholarship: List
Why Study in China?
- According to QS World University Rankings and Other rankings 10 Chinese universities are in the top 100 universities in the World. More than 20 Chinese universities are in the top 200 universities in the world.
- Tsinghua University, China leaves behind MIT University, the USA in rankings. This seems that Chinese universities are leaving behind the world’s Top Universities in Research and Technology.
- Studying in top Chinese universities is the same as you study in the US, UK, Canada, Australia or other top universities.
- The Master’s program in China is research-based. So you get a good research profile at the end of the Degree Program. This research-based profile with publications will help you a lot to get good PhD positions in Europe, the USA, and other places.
- . 5 Chinese universities are in the top 50 universities regarding Employability Rankings (Employability rankings means that students have the highest chances of getting jobs after getting a degree from such universities).
Checkout Türkiye Scholarships 2022 applications are now open for international students
Complete Procedure to Apply for Chinese Government Scholarships and Admission in Chinese Universities:
Dear all as you all know that Chinese Government Scholarship is announced in late November or December, it depends on the university when they announce admission. Chinese Scholarship Council normally announced Scholarships between December to May every year.
1st step: First of all you have to Prepare your Documents to Apply. Because you have to upload all these documents in the Online Application Portal of CSC and on University Portal, So, Prepare them before applying.
Documents Required to Apply:
- Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form (written in Chinese or English). You can download it after applying at the CSC website https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/.
- Highest diploma (Notarized): Applicants must submit an official document issued by their current institution to prove their student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English): This should be a minimum of 200 words for the undergraduate program applicants and 800 words for postgraduate program applicants.
- Two Letter of Recommendation (written in Chinese or English): Applicants for bachelor and postgraduate degree programs must submit two letters of recommendation signed by professors or associate professors.
- A CD of your works (only required for arts students): Applicants for music studies are requested to submit a CD of their musical works. Applicants for the fine arts programs must submit a CD of their works which include two sketches, two colour paintings and two other works.
- Passport: if have, Applicants under the age of 18 must submit relevant documents about their statutory guardians in China.
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy).
- English proficiency certificate: from your previous university, TOEFL or IELTS is not mandatory.
- Research Paper abstract/title page if you have published.
2nd step: The 2nd Step is most important. Because in this step you have to find universities accordingly to your major and interest. Find universities and make a list with the following information (last date, application fee, your major language, university ranking etc.). After finding the universities perform the following steps to apply.
- Then go to the university official website and find the Chinese Government Scholarship notice to see the last date and applying procedure. Maybe universities have some additional requirements like application fees (mostly have no fee), information about the university online application portal. Some universities demand university forms and have their format for a study plan, recommendation letter and acceptance letter. Some universities may not require hard documents directly. Also got the Agency Number of this University.
- Here you can try to contact Prof of that University for an Acceptance Letter for your PhD/Master Research Supervision. An acceptance letter is not mandatory. It’s only a plus point. You can apply without an acceptance letter. So, don’t be worry if you can’t get an acceptance letter.
- Remember: Don’t focus only on high ranked universities, because there is tough competition in high ranked universities. You must need an acceptance letter for high ranked universities, but remember acceptance letter doesn’t guarantee that you will get a scholarship.
- You can apply for a maximum of 3 universities on Type B application (directly apply to university), 2 universities Type A (apply through the Chinese embassy in your home country).
- You can apply for admission and scholarship in parallel.
- Apply for Scholarship:
- Go to the CSC website https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/ and create your account if you don’t have it already. You need a University Agency Number to apply.
- Then apply to the university Online Portal if they have one. Most of the universities now have their portals. Otherwise, follow the admission instructions of that university.
- Pay the Application Fee (if the university has)
Note: Focus on those Universities from which you have got an acceptance letter, or you intend to get. The acceptance letter is not mandatory, but it can increase your admission chances (especially for PhD applicants). For MS, Students can get Admission without an acceptance letter easily.
Send us your name on WhatsApp to subscribe to the latest Scholarships / Internships information.