The HEC Undergraduate Scholarship Program offers financial support and opens doors to higher education for talented students in Gilgit-Baltistan.
Table of Contents
Gilgit-Baltistan is the final destination of CPEC and has major geographic significance. The Hec undergraduate scholarship program’s primary goal is to offer financial support to GB students who want to complete undergraduate degrees at Pakistan’s top public sector universities.
The HEC undergraduate scholarship program also aligns with Pakistan’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which include reducing extreme poverty and mobilizing resources.
As a result, the government has instructed HEC to increase higher education scholarships for the least developed regions and prevent inequality across the nation in order to meet these goals.
Benefits of the HEC Undergraduate Scholarship
- Maximum annual fees of Rs. 240,000 for tuition, housing, and additional costs.
- A monthly stipend of Rs. 15,000.
- An annual book and travel allowance of Rs. 30,000.
Eligibility criteria for the HEC undergraduate scholarship
The following are the general requirements for the HEC undergraduate scholarship:
- The candidate must have a Gilgit-Baltistan domicile or local certificate.
- The Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) or its equivalent is required for applicants.
- Applicants who have already received a scholarship from HEC or the government are not eligible to apply.
- Students who were enrolled in any BS program for no more than one academic year or session at the time of the advertisement may also apply.
- Scholarships will be given out despite a person’s gender, caste, colour, or religion.
- Any Pakistani university or institution in the public sector is open to applicants. However, the student will be responsible for covering any costs beyond those listed in PC-1.
- Students who were previously enrolled in any BS program at public universities or institutes (for a maximum of one academic year or session) before the advertisement are also eligible to apply.
- An invitation for applications has been published on the HEC website and in the media.
- HEC/ETC will organize the HEC Scholarship Aptitude Test. Candidates need to get at least 50% on the exam. The validity of the test results is one year.
- Short-listed candidates will be selected based on their performance on the HEC-conducted aptitude test and their academic record using the following weighting and formula: SSC 10%, HSSC 40%, and Scholarship Aptitude Test 50%.
- Applications and the details of shortlisted applicants will be examined in light of the defined eligibility requirements.
- The seats that were cancelled in a given year will be modified the next year.
- Scholarships will be given to Pakistani undergraduate students enrolled in or seeking admission to HEC-recognized public sector universities and degree-granting institutions.
- The selected applicants must independently obtain admission to the specified program of study in Pakistan.
- A contract or undertaking must be signed by the scholar before they can use the scholarship. Both parties must abide by the terms and conditions outlined in the contract, undertaking, and award letter.
- After securing admission and completing all necessary processes, including the submission of legal documents, final award letters will be sent.
The deadline for application submission for the HEC Undergraduate Scholarship is September 30, 2023.
- Content Weightages for the ETC Test of the Undergraduate Scholarship Program for Students of Gilgit-Baltistan
How to apply for the HEC undergraduate scholarship
- The applications must be submitted online at https://eportal.hec.gov.pk.
- Hard copies of applications will not be accepted.
- Applicants are recommended to save their password and log-in ID safely for future usage.
- Online applications that are saved or that are incomplete will not be taken into account.
- Once the application form has been filled out, students must click Submit.
- The application fee is Rs. 500 (non-refundable), which must be deposited at any HBL branch in Pakistan.
- The money must be deposited in Habib Bank Limited Account No. 1742 7900 133401, with the account title “Higher Education Commission” and the branch code “1742” in Islamabad.
Note: In order to sit for the exam, you must bring your original CNIC or passport on the day of the examination, together with the applicant’s copy of the paid fee challan.
Send us your name on WhatsApp to subscribe to the latest scholarship and internship information.
Writer and learner for life!