Table of Contents
Consider being able to travel and study medicine at the same time. For students from Pakistan, the Cuban government wants to make this possible. They have a special offer for you: a Cuban Government Scholarship for the years 2023–24. If you are a student in Pakistan and you have done well in your FSc pre-Medical exams (at least 70% marks) and in your matriculation exams (at least 60% marks), you could be eligible. The Cuban Government Scholarship could be your ticket to both education and adventure.
Eligibility Requirements for Cuban Government Scholarships:
- Applicants must have scored at least 70% in F.Sc./A level (Pre-Medical) and 60% in SSC/Matric (O level).
- Candidates who are waiting for results are not eligible to apply.
- All Pakistani and AJK citizens aged 18 to 25 at the time of application closing are eligible.
- Nomination Criteria for Cuban Government Scholarships:
- All applicants need a valid USAT-M test score taken after January 2022.
- Nominations are based on USAT test scores.
- The final selection relies on the USAT-M score after meeting the basic eligibility criteria. (Applicants without a valid USAT-M test score can find more information on the Education Testing Council website.)
- Note: HEC retains the right to modify the nomination criteria.
Benefits of Cuban Government Scholarship
The Cuban Government Scholarship will cover the following costs:
- Tuition fees
- Hostel accommodations and toiletries
- Food (according to Cuban Government regulations)
- Contribution to living expenses in the form of a limited stipend in Cuban Pesos
- The student or guardian is responsible for any additional expenditures, including round-trip travel, halal food, medical insurance, living expenses, and visa fees.
- If the scholar has a bank account in Pakistan, a one-time grant of Rs 300,000 would be issued to them after they leave for Cuba.
Important Note: The Higher Education Commission of Pakistan has no additional financial responsibilities because the Cuban government is funding this scholarship.
How to apply for Cuban Government Scholarship
Apply on the HEC website using the link given in the end. After signing up and finishing your profile, select “Learning Opportunities Abroad”.Get your signature on a printed copy of the application after you have submitted it.
Shortlisted applicants need to provide the following documents with their online application form (no need to send hard copies at this stage):
- Copy of the HEC application form submitted online (signed)
- SSC Certificate/DMC/Degree with IBCC attestation OR O-Level Certificate (Science Group) with IBCC equivalence
- F.Sc. Certificate/DMC/Degree with IBCC attestation OR A-Level Certificate (Pre-Medical) with IBCC equivalence
- Birth Certificate from NADRA
- Father’s or Guardian’s CNIC copy
- No Criminal Record Certificate (Original)
- Photocopy of a valid passport (valid for more than six months)
- Original Medical Certificate with HIV/AIDS report from the District Head Quarter Government Hospital, attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA).
Note: Only shortlisted applicants need to provide these documents; there is no need to send hard copies to HEC until notified.
HEC will reject incomplete applications without the mentioned documents without further notification. After successfully completing the Medicine program in Cuba, the candidate must take the NEB Examination and meet foreign graduates’ requirements for PMC, Islamabad registration. Students seeking professional degrees (like Medicine) must first confirm accreditation from the relevant authority, i.e., the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC).
The HEC online application portal closes on August 31, 2023 (4:00 PM).
Writer and learner for life!