On the occasion of National Celebrations of 75th Independence Anniversary of Pakistan this year, the Prime Minister of Pakistan has awarded 40 PhD & 35 MS Scholarships to Pakistani and Azad Kashmir nationals in the world’s top 25 ranked universities.
After obtaining degrees in advance technologies and cutting-edge disciplines, these scholars will prove to be national assets and help the country to enter a new era.
Duration: Scholarship period will be for 2 years for MS and 4 years for PhD.
- Applicant should be a Pakistani/Azad Kashmir national
- Confirmed/Unconditional Admission/Enrollment in any of the Top 25 Ranked University (QS/Times Higher Education) in selected subjects
- Candidates must have a minimum qualification at the of application submission:
- For MS Scholarships: BS/BE/Masters or equivalent to 16 years of education in relevant field of studies
- For PhD Scholarships: MS/MPhil/ME or equivalent to 18 years of education in relevant field of studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum CGPA 3.0 out of 4.0 and 3.75 out of 5 in semester system or First Division (in the annual system) in BS/BE/Masters/equivalent for MS scholarships and MS/MPhil/ME/Equivalent degree for PhD Scholarships.
- Maximum one-second division throughout the academic career prior to the final degree.
- Maximum age on the closing date:
- 40 years for full-time regular Faculty Members of Public Sector Universities/Colleges or employees of the Public Sector organization.
- 35 years for all others
- Must not be availing any other scholarship. (in case, applicant to any of the HEC Scholarship Scheme, need to submit the NOC from that scholarship project).
- Employees of any Public Sector University/Organization needs to submit an NOC to apply for the scholarship from his/her organization.
- Maximum age on the time of advertisement:
a. 40 years for full-time regular Faculty Members of Public Sector Universities/Colleges or employees of the Public Sector organization.
b. 35 years for all others
Subject Priorities for 75 Scholarships
|Sr. ||Priority Research Area|
|1||Agriculture & Veterinary Sciences|
|2||Artificial Intelligence (AI) – Information Technology|
|3||Biotechnology & Bioinformatics|
|4||Cyber Security – Information Technology|
|5||Data Sciences – Information Technology|
|6||Hydrology and Water resources management – Civil Engineering|
|7||International Law – Social Sciences|
|8||Nonproliferation and Peace Studies – Social Sciences|
|9||Renewable Energy – Electrical Engineering|
|10||Satellite & Aerospace – Aerospace Engineering|
|11||Urban Planning & Development|
|12||Development Economics – Social Sciences|
|13||Disaster & Risk Management|
|14||Engineering and Emerging Sciences|
|16||Public Administration & Management|
|18||Business Administration & Management|
List of Foreign Universities:
Top 25 THE Ranking Universities 2022:
|Sr. No||Name||Country||THE Rank|
|1||University of Oxford||United Kingdom||1|
|2||California Institute of Technology (Caltech)||United States||2|
|3||Harvard University||United States||2|
|4||Stanford University||United States||4|
|5||University of Cambridge||United Kingdom||5|
|6||Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)||United States||5|
|7||Princeton University||United States||7|
|8||University of California, Berkeley||United States||8|
|9||Yale University||United States||9|
|10||The University of Chicago||United States||10|
|11||Columbia University||United States||11|
|12||Imperial College London||United Kingdom||12|
|13||Johns Hopkins University||United States||13|
|14||University of Pennsylvania||United States||13|
|15||Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule (ETH) Zurich||Switzerland||15|
|18||University of Toronto||Canada||18|
|19||University College London (UCL)||United Kingdom||18|
|20||University of California, Los Angeles||United States||20|
|21||National University of Singapore||Singapore||21|
|22||Cornell University||United States||22|
|23||Duke University||United States||23|
|24||University of Michigan-Ann Arbor||United States||24|
|25||Northwestern University||United States||24|
Top 25 QS Ranking Universities 2023:
|Sr. No||University Name||Address||QSRanking|
|1||Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)||United States||1|
|2||University of Cambridge||United Kingdom||2|
|3||Stanford University||United States||3|
|4||University of Oxford||United Kingdom||4|
|6||California Institute of Technology (Caltech)||United States||6|
|7||Imperial College London||United Kingdom||7|
|8||University College London||United Kingdom||8|
|9||ETH (Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule) Zurich||Switzerland||9|
|10||The University of Chicago||United States||10|
|11||National University of Singapore (NUS)||Singapore||11|
|13||University of Pennsylvania||United States||13|
|15||The University of Edinburgh||United Kingdom||15|
|16||École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)||Switzerland||16|
|17||Princeton University||United States||16|
|18||Yale University||United States||18|
|19||Nanyang Technological University||Singapore||19|
|20||Cornell University||United States||20|
|21||The University of Hong Kong||Hong Kong||21|
|22||Columbia University||United States||22|
|23||The University of Tokyo||Japan||23|
|24||Johns Hopkins University||United States||24|
|25||University of Michigan-Ann Arbor||United States||25|
The following information and supporting documents (which should also be uploaded directly to the portal.
- Confirmed Admission Letter
- All Academic documents Matric to MS /MPhil for PhD Scholarship
- All Academic documents Matric to Masters for MS (16 y) for MS Scholarship
- Deposit slip
- Equivalence (where required)
How to Apply?
Generate an application request at the mentioned universities in one of the accepted programs. When you receive the letter of acceptance at any university, apply on HEC portal on the link given below.
- Scholarship period will be 2 years for MS studies and 4 years for PhD studies.
- Candidates have to secure admissions in world’s top 25 ranked universities.
- Candidates have to return to Pakistan immediately after completion of their studies.
- Successful candidates have to sign an agreement with HEC to serve for a period of 3 years for MS and 5 years of PhD in Pakistan after completion of their studies.
- Applicant has to apply on HEC Scholarship E-Portal, Click on Apply Online, in the end.
Successful candidates have to sign an Bond/Agreement with HEC to serve for a period of 3 years for MS and 5 years of PhD in Pakistan after completion of their studies.
Send us your name on WhatsApp to subscribe to the latest Scholarships / Internships information.