The Erasmus Mundus Scholarship is a prestigious scholarship offered to international students to pursue Master’s or MPhil degree programs in three different countries and at three different universities in Europe for free.
However, the fully funded scholarship in Europe is highly competitive as it is the most extensive European scholarship for international students.
Erasmus is a European Government funded scholarship program. Different programs are offered under this European scholarship, plus the deadline is different for each course in Erasmus Mundus. Students will be able to study for their master’s degree by studying in three to four different countries. It is a golden opportunity for all international students to explore, live and study in Europe. Application for most programs will start in October 2022. International students will study each semester at a different university and have to do an internship as training in a different country under this scholarship program.
Number of seats:
Approximately 3000 students will be awarded Erasmus Mundus Scholarship for the academic year 2023-2024. Last year, in 2021 highest number of students were selected from Pakistan and the second highest from India.
Here is the list of countries that welcome international students for education and internship purposes.
- Czech Republic
Funding: Fully Funded
Eligible Regions: Students from any part of the world can apply include Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Brazil Kenya etc.
Eligibility Criteria for Erasmus Scholarship:
Category A scholarship if
- You are a national coming from a third country.
- You are not a resident of any 27 European Union member states, Iceland, Norway or Liechtenstein.
- You have not carried out your main activity (studies, work, private visits, tourism, etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in any of the 27 European Union Member States, Iceland, Norway or Liechtenstein.
- You have not applied to more than 3 Erasmus Mundus Masters.
- There is no specific criteria for the CGPA and academic record. However, students must have good academic record to improve their chances of selection, as Erasmus is a highly competitive and the most prestigious scholarship.
- There is no age restrictions; international applications of any age can apply.
- Furthermore, there is no work experience requirement. If you are a fresh graduate with no or less professional experience, you can still apply.
Category B scholarship if
- You are a European student.
- You are a non-European student, but you do not fulfill category A requirements.
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarship is a fully-funded program for all students.
- Under the scholarship, the tuition fee is free, and the student does not need to pay.
- International students will receive a monthly stipend.
- The scholarship will not cover visa-related expenses, and students must arrange it.
- Travel allowance for traveling to different countries.
- Round trip airfare.
- Opportunity to study in different European countries.
- Chance to live and explore 3 to 4 European countries that too for free.
- The scholarship will bring many career opportunities in the future.
- Degree and Transcripts should be available.
- A letter of recommendation is also a requirement, but the format is different for different programs, so check the program requirement.
- A motivation letter is a must; again, the format may vary (check the relevant program requirement).
- IELTS/TOEFL is also a requirement. 6.5 bands overall are okay and acceptable for most of the scholarships but as the Erasmus Mundus scholarship is competitive, so try to get 7.0. (If you want to prepare for IELTS, do check our course for basic IELTS prep).
- Prepare a CV (in European format).
- Students should prepare their passports beforehand, as the application’s opening and the deadline vary according to the programs. Lastly, proof of residence is also essential, which proves that the applicant is a permanent resident of the country he/she is applying from and haven’t been residing in Europe for at least one or more years.
- Visit the website by tapping on the option of Apply Now at the end of the article. Go through each program link to check the requirements.
- The discipline or the majors might sound strange by name, but don’t worry. Open the programs to learn about what the program offers actually. For example, the name for Electrical Engineering might not be the same.
- After going through the details and all information, students can choose three programs relevant to their profiles.
- Prepare the program’s requirements, such as a personal statement, motivation letter, statement of purpose, and other documents. The Erasmus scholarship is competitive and has high criteria, but do not lose hope and apply for it.
- Check all the programs catalogue offered by Erasmus using this Link.
- The deadline for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship 2023-2024 is different according to university and country, so check individually.
Send us your name on WhatsApp to subscribe to the latest Scholarships / Internships information.