Are you an innovative scientist and focusing on sustainable development? Is your research the ability to change the world? The German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) call up you to persuade their high-ranking expert jury and become one of the 25 Green Talents of 2022!
To promote the international exchange of innovative green ideas, the BMBF hosts the “Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development”.
Each year, the prestigious “Green Talents Competition” honors young researchers from numerous countries and scientific disciplines who neither a German citizen nor a resident of Germany.
Why at this Green Talents Program? This gives an opportunity to come together and meet with many representatives of the German scientific elite, businesses, and start-ups in the field of sustainability as well as the management level of BMBF.
The applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Applicants must take an enrolment in a master’s or PhD programme or a degree (master’s/PhD) completed no more than three years before the end of the application process
- Candidates have no more than three years of professional work experience (this excludes professional work experiences gained within the scope of an academic degree)
- You should have a strong focus on sustainable development and an interdisciplinary approach
- Applicants must have significantly above-average grades
The prestigious Green Talents programme offers you the unique opportunity to become part of an exceptional world-wide network of outstanding young minds and leading German institutions.
The Green Talents Award 2022 includes:
- Invitation to a multi-day Virtual Science Forum in October 2022:
- “Science Sessions” with leading German sustainability facilities, institutions and companies, which will virtually provide exclusive insights into their leading-edge research and projects,
- Virtual appointments with German experts of your choice to discuss possibilities for upcoming joint research and cooperation efforts,
- A wide range of workshops dedicated to the SDGs and advancing your scientific career,
- Networking opportunities with other Green Talents, participating Green Talents alumni and researchers,
- Formal Virtual Award Ceremony with your fellow Green Talents and special guests
- A fully funded on-site research stay of up to three months at an institution of your choice in Germany
- Exclusive access to the distinguished Green Talents alumni network.
You will have the opportunity to come to Germany for up to three months to conduct a research stay at an institute of your choice the year after the Virtual Science Forum. Learn more about how the Green Talents story continues for the awardees when they return to Germany for their research stays.
The research stay will be fully financed by the BMBF.
2 p.m. CEST on May 22, 2022.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Lift your research to the next level and apply now! To submit your project for consideration, applicants must go through the links given below.
- Language Requirement: Proven excellent command of English
Send us your name on WhatsApp to subscribe to the latest Scholarships / Internships information.