ANSO Scholarship empowers global talent, advances science, and enhances well-being through fully funded education in China.
Table of Contents
The ANSO Scholarship 2024-2025 offers a fully funded opportunity to study in China. This scholarship program is made possible by the Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO), a non-profit international organization founded in 2018. ANSO comprises 37 scientific institutions, universities, and international organizations from all around the world. Its main mission is to boost science and technology, improve people’s lives, and encourage global collaboration in science and technology.
The ANSO Scholarship, also known as the ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents, was launched in 2019. Its primary goal is to train and nurture young scientists from various parts of the world. Each year, the ANSO Scholarship sponsors 200 Master’s students and 300 Ph.D. students, enabling them to pursue their postgraduate education in China. Students can study at the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS), or different institutes of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) located throughout China.
Special Sub-Category: ANSO-CAS-TWAS/UNESCO PhD Scholarship
In 2022, a special sub-category of the ANSO Scholarship was introduced: the ANSO-CAS-TWAS/UNESCO PhD Scholarship. This sub-category aligns with the priorities of TWAS and UNESCO and provides particular consideration to two groups: students from Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and women. Each year, up to 50 Ph.D. students from developing countries are chosen for this special category by TWAS and UNESCO.
Sponsors of the ANSO Scholarship
The major sponsor of this scholarship is CAS, a leading founding member of ANSO. Additionally, TWAS and UNESCO, both of which are founding members of ANSO, contribute to the funding for the ANSO-CAS-TWAS/UNESCO PhD Scholarship awardees. ANSO is open to all members and organizations interested in collaborating to create a more diverse scholarship program.
Field of Study
The ANSO Scholarship is a fully funded opportunity for students to study in China. It’s offered by the Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO), a non-profit organization focused on improving science and technology, human well-being, and global cooperation.
Benefits of the ANSO Scholarship
- Tuition fee waiver.
- Medical insurance coverage.
- A monthly stipend of RMB 3,000 for master’s students and RMB 6,000 for Ph.D. students, with possible variations based on a qualification test.
- Application fee waiver.
- Travel subsidy for one round trip per person.
- Financial aid is fully covered.
Eligibility Criteria for ANSO Scholarship
To qualify for the ANSO Scholarship, you must:
- Be a non-Chinese citizen.
- Demonstrate proficiency in English and Chinese (verified through TOEFL and Chinese competency exams).
- For master’s degree applicants, be under 30 years old (born after January 1, 1994).
- For Ph.D. program applicants, have been born after January 1, 1989.
- Meet the admission criteria of the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) or the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS).
- Not have any external work commitments or enrollment in other Chinese universities for master’s or Ph.D. programs.
You’ll need the following documents for your ANSO Scholarship application:
- A valid passport copy (valid for at least 24 months).
- A copy of your CV and a brief description of your research experience.
- A research plan and a record of your awards and certificates
- University graduation certificate for master’s program applicants (including a pre-undergraduate certificate if the undergraduate course is incomplete).
- For Ph.D. program applicants, you’ll need a master’s certificate (or a pre-master’s graduation certificate if the master’s program is incomplete).
- A letter of reference.
- A detailed research proposal.
- Proof of English proficiency (excluding IELTS).
- An original ANSO application form.
How to Apply?
The application process for the ANSO Scholarship involves two steps:
- Contact professors at the affiliated universities to secure acceptance letters.
- Once you have your acceptance letters, complete the online ANSO Scholarship application.
The deadline for ANSO Scholarship applications is February 15, 2024. Don’t miss this opportunity to study in China with full financial support.
Send us your name on WhatsApp to subscribe to the latest scholarship and internship information.
Writer and learner for life!